DuraMag, a go-to-market brand of The Shyft Group’s Specialty Vehicles business unit premiered its latest purpose-built, aluminum service body solution, the S-Series Service Body.
DuraMag, acquired by The Shyft Group in 2020, has manufactured aluminum service bodies for more than ten years. Prior to its purchase, Shyft acquired Royal Truck Body , a Shyft brand, which specializes in steel service bodies. Through leveraging capabilities from both brands in respect to footprint and body type, Shyft can now provide customers with a national offering of custom-built galvannealed steel and aluminum vocational truck bodies, each designed for the unique applications, preferences, and needs of its users.
"We are now a nationwide player in service bodies,” said Steve Guillaume, President of Shyft Specialty Vehicles. “Customer-centric innovation remains our number one priority, so we’re pleased this successful collaboration provides a truly national distribution of both steel and aluminum products, so we can better serve our clients, no matter their location.”
DuraMag’s new S-Series Service Body is a durable aluminum service body, featuring a strong understructure and significant standard features. The body’s strength is derived from its welded infrastructure, which is free of rivets and screws and designed for continuous hard work with full length, heavy duty, long sills.
Top product features include:
• All-aluminum (6000 Series) understructure with extruded box tube defines the strength, rigidity, and weld ability of the body.
• Radius Swing doors with automotive grade compression t-handles, nitrogen props on vertical compartments for smooth and easy compartment door handling along with industry leading fit and finish.
• Extreme-duty (6000 Series) .625 interlocking extruded aluminum floor that is heated and cured for extreme strength and durability, compared to a standard sheet floor
• Welded fender flares for superior strength and rigidity
• Standard smooth 3/16” aluminum Inner-bed walls and exterior top of compartments.
For more information about DuraMag and its offerings, visit duramagbodies.com